New Year's Eve was spent way differently than in the past. The girls and I did a few exercise videos together (I'm still striving to loose weight and the holidays have not been diet friendly!) After we got the kids in bed Nate and I watched different shows we've been recording while working on our own projects. Nate worked on a new board game prototype and I sorted through a lifetime of pictures my mom wanted to scrapbook for me. We totally missed the ball drop and then even missed the clock strike midnight! After one of us uttered "oops" there was a quick kiss and we returned to our projects. You totally can tell we've been married awhile!
New Year's Day we decided to have a special family day and we took the kids bowling for the first time. Even though we had the bumpers up, Nate and I didn't do any better than we normally would (although we haven't really bowled since high school!) They quickly got the hang of it and we all had a good time. The morning ended with a nice lunch at McDonald's. Here are some pictures that we took of bowling:
Notice the cute little Velcro bowling shoes they had for Ellie! The were of course too big, but so were all of ours.




Check out those scores!
No comments:
Post a Comment