Thursday, January 15, 2009

Minnesota

I'm sure you fellow northerners would agree with me, I'm sick of this cold. Wind chill is reading -48 below today. We still haven't shoveled from the last snowfall due to this cold. What's the point of snow if you can't even take the kids out to play in it. The deck groans and creeks and I sympathize with it. I wouldn't want to be out there either.

School was cancelled today. I haven't checked the weather today, just assumed it was as stinking cold as it has been the rest of this week. So, I bundled up Kayla, Ellie, and I'm watching Hannah today and drove her to school. The principal came out before I got her out of the van to tell me about the cancellation. Funny thing is, he was only wearing a sweater. No coat, no gloves. True Minnesotan. I didn't think it felt any colder than any other day this week. Oh well. I get home, call Nate to tell him I feel like a bad mom for not knowing about the cancellation. His reply, "I'm sorry, I thought you knew. I could have told you." Thanks my dear husband for being so informative!

So, for my friends who are lucky to live in places right now who don't even have the snow OR the cold, here are some interesting pictures.

Here is what happens to our front door jam in winter. You can even feel the cold draft when you walk in our entryway.


We have brand new windows this year, but check out the ice that forms on the inside of each of them.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Oh, I hear ya! We've got ice on all our windows too. And you don't even want to know all the things I've done to stop up the various drafts in our house.

Annie said...

Hey Susan,
Tessa and I will not be at AWANA tonight, we have a prior commitment.
Thanks and hope to see you next week
Annie