Tuesday, September 12, 2017

5th grade Trip

The 5th graders at Gibbs Elementary are super lucky and get to go away to a place called Eagle Bluff. It is an environmental learning center. They did hiking, GPSing, ropes course, and several educational programs. It was a first for many to be gone a few nights away from home, to push their bodies beyond perceived limits, and try different food that is served. I got to be one of the chaperones. I was in charge of a group of kids during the day and at night. I was pushed physically through the strenuous days and short nights.  It was such a good experience for Elyana.


In the school gym ready to leave.

Listening to a safety talk before the ropes course.

Geared up to climb. 




The girls were chosen to go up on stage for a presentation.

Taking a break from gps hiking to admire the view. These girls went straight up a steep hill through prickly brush to find their prize.


Playing a game in one of the classrooms.




Another evening program. A student volunteered and got to get dressed up as a raptor.

I did not like this presentation as the bird got to tear apart a mouse...


This was my room. I shared it with 7 other ladies. One bathroom so shower schedules were interesting.



My fitbit after the first day...



No comments: