Wednesday, September 13, 2017

5th Grade Track Meet

In Rochester each year they have every 5th grader from every school compete with each other in a track meet. I have no idea how they organize such a huge thing. It was a chilly day but I think I'd rather have it chilly than super hot. Elyana signed up for the fox tail throw. It was nice to hang out with Elyana and her friends and cheer them on. At one point I was so proud of her school. There was a boy that was special needs. For some reason he had signed up for the longest run. You could tell right away he was struggling. Kids started cheering him on in the stands until most of them were cheering for him to keep going. Some high school track volunteers started to run next to him to encourage him. The school principals were right there at the finish line to hug him.  Such a neat moment!



No comments: