Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Things My Kids Say

I was making dinner last night when Elyana came in and requested a special dinner of candy corn and potatoes. Sounds interested but soup and corn muffins are a bit healthier I told her.

Today I picked up Elyana from preschool. I noticed she was wearing different pants. I saw a wet pair of pants in her school bag. "What happened to your pants today," I asked. "It's just because I ate snack soooo good," she said.

Kayla won't stop talking about getting a dog ever since our neighbors got a yellow lab. I have finally told her that maybe when she's a teenager and we live in a different house with a fenced in yard, then MAYBE. Then, clever me, I thought of one pet that may not be as much maintenance as a fish, cat, or dog...what about a hermit crab. I tried to make a hermit crab sound very cool. Then Mikayla says, "Wow, now I can't decide, do I want a dog or a hermit crab." "I think a hermit crab sounds exciting," I said. I hope a hermit crab really isn't too much trouble.

After several weeks of Elyana giving everyone an incredibly hard time at bedtime, keeping us up late, we've eliminated her nap time completely. It seems to be doing the trick, she's completely out around 8:15 for the night. However, she does get pretty tired around 3 or 4. She gets a second wind and keeps on going. I'm incredibly tired lately because I'm being weaned from naps too. I would give anything to just take a nap each afternoon. Naps make me a better me, a nicer me, a happier me. Hopefully, I will adjust soon too. After all, if I want to go back to work someday, I can't be taking naps every afternoon, now can I?

No comments: