The morning started off a bit crazy. We are getting our patio poured today and so the chaos began at 7:40 this morning. The first truck to arrive was the gravel truck. The company name on the truck was Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. That'll make you feel a little uneasy about the whole thing...
The girls could hardly eat they were so excited. We were going to put their hand prints in, but it will be hard by the time Kayla gets home from school today. I can do Ellies, but that wouldn't be fair to Kayla.
I got them both to school, but dealt with a traffic jam (on Elton Hills of all places) and the check engine light is now back on in the van AGAIN! I got home in time to field a phone call between the contractor and cement guy and to do a phone interview for an article I have due next week. Here's the strange thing, it's a home remodel article but the homeowners don't want their name used AND I can't come to see their home. I have 2 photos I'm to use in aiding my writing. Weird. I don't even know how to begin such an article. Major writers block!
I like to go to Elyana's school early to watch her play outside for a bit before I go to get her. I love all the things they do to spark imagination. They have something different inside and out each day. Today (along with their normal cool playground equipment) they had a little construction site set up with real boards (little ones of course) and little saw horses. Another area they had a bunch of the cars and a mock gas station with a real pretend gas pump. Another area was a water station with their own cups and pitchers to pour their own water. Not to mention a box filled with super hero capes to wear. No wonder Elyana is never ready to come home with me. No wonder she is very sweaty when I pick her up. Elyana and I are wishing it was every morning instead of just the two.
I've got to get her down for her nap now. I'll post pictures of the patio later tonight.
BTW, Elyana was watching the patio work be done. Here is a 3 year old's idea of what they are doing, "The guys are fixing our grass by making mud." She also proceeded to dress up like a pig and not on the window yelling, "Oink, oink. Look at me." I distracted her with some berries and cream. She enjoyed wearing the piggy mask for that too ("I'm a hungry piggy").
No comments:
Post a Comment