




I dropped Nate off at work and went home with Elyana for an hour because she had a 1/2 morning of preschool only today to ease them into it. I dropped Ellie off. She remembered where her cubbie was to put her backpack. She jammed it in and ran off squealing loudly. That was that. My first hour during the day to myself and no one else! I went to pick up Ellie at 11:30. She seemed to be having a blast on the playground, running from one thing to another. When it was time for her to go, she was sweaty. All was going smoothly until she had to get her backpack down from where they are kept on fence hooks while they are at the playground. Evidently Ellie is too short to get hers down herself and threw a fit when her teacher did it for her. She looses it if she can't do something herself. Man, I'm sure it's the first of many "episodes" the teachers will endure. I warned them. I'm reminding myself that preschool is a friendly type of "boot camp" to get kids ready for real school. So, I'm hoping that preschool will help shape Ellie emotionally and socially in a way that I can't.


I like comparison pictures. Here was Kayla on her first day of preschool at Bethany... Elyana is wearing the same pair of sandals that Mikayla did on her first day. She's also the same weight.
And here is Elyana on Mikayla's first day of preschool...
They grow so fast don't they!
No comments:
Post a Comment