Monday, October 5, 2009

I Wonder, I Wonder

This is too funny not to share. I was just in our crawl space under the stairs looking for a spare binder I can use for a Bible Study I'm doing. For some reason, the only flashlight working under there was Elyana's Elmo light. You squeeze the handle and you hear the annoying Elmo laughter and the light stays on for 1 minute. So, as I'm searching, I have to keep hearing Elmo. The binder I was looking for was in a box of books that I have from my childhood. I came across a book I recall reading when I was learning about the facts of life, called I Wonder, I Wonder. Curious, I opened to the first page (maybe I missed something...Ha!).

It begins with a grandmother talking to her grandaughter, "You know...it takes more than high heels to make a mother..."

I start to crack up and the light goes out so I squeeze it again and now Elmo AND I are laughing.

I could use a laugh today. The Jones' are having everything breakdown lately. A few weeks ago it was the van, then the dishwasher. This weekend it is the hot water heater and the garage door spring. We are still scheduled to get our new sliding glass door in soon also. I wish I could grow a money tree. I'd use Miracle Grow soil and plant food. If blessed with such a thing, I'd share it, I swear...

No comments: