This weekend Mikayla and I took our first ever girls weekend away together. We went to Appleton, WI to join my sister and her daughter at an benefit called Every Girls Is A Princess. After we checked in, a "princess" was assigned to each girl to help her decorate her wand, pick out and dress in a dress (that where donated), and choose jewelry (also donated). Then, each girl would get to go up on stage and be announced, "Here comes Princess ...." They'd get to sit in the royal throne for their photo, which was used to create an all about me type of book they worked on afterwards. Finally, they received a royal invitation to a very fancy tea party. Mikayla enjoyed it thoroughly. I think it's an incredible idea. What girl wouldn't want to become a princess for a day! Thanks Christine for inviting us!
On the home front, Nate took Elyana to the Mall of America Aquarium and Dora the Explorer rides all day Saturday. They had a blast and wore each other out. I got such a greeting when we got home late Sunday. It was good to each have some one on one time with our kids. I'm also glad that I had a chance to mow one last time before this snowy weather hit us today. Yuck, it's not even Halloween yet!
Here's Mikayla and her assigned Princess making her wand:

Here she is picking out her dress:

On the royal throne:

Sophia and Mikayla all dressed up:

At the royal tea party:

Royal cupcakes:

All of us with full bellies and happy memories ready to leave:
No comments:
Post a Comment