Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kids Do Say Such Precious Things

Elyana's 3rd birthday party went well. I will have to post those pictures tomorrow after a bit of editing. I did want to jot down a few things the girls said this weekend before I forgot.

Mikayla is still very interested in the human body (I'm crossing my fingers on a future doctor?). She wanted to know the proper names of the teeth she's lost so far. I showed her a chart of the teeth and told her she has lost her incisors. She started to laugh and said, "What a silly name for teeth, of course they're your insiders. They're inside your mouth!"

After picking up the girls from their rooms at church tonight, they were comparing pictures they colored. Kayla shows Ellie that she's colored a church. Ellie points to her scribbly drawing where she's colored so hard with a marker that there was a hole in the paper. "I made a finger hole, Kayla." She pokes her finger through the paper and laughs really loud. Sometimes Ellie tells me that she learned about Jesus. I wondered what her lesson was tonight and inquired if she learned more about Jesus. "No, I learned about coloring and about toys," she says really serious.

No comments: