Mikayla and I started off this morning by going to our neighbor's annual garage sale. We go each year and usually get some nice name-brand clothes for the next school year (her daughter is a year ahead of Mikayla). We arrived and Mikayla immediately noticed a table of Polly Pocket items (dolls, clothes, cars, swimming pool, beds, etc.) Mikayla spends hours playing with Polly Pockets. The tag on a bag of the items said, $10. Mikayla brought $5 she has been saving up and I gave her a $5. She went to pay and our neighbor said, "Oh, I hope you don't mind, the price was for the whole table of Polly Pocket stuff. Mikayla's eyes were so huge as our neighbor shoves the contents of the entire table into one of those huge storage bags. What a lucky girl!
Elyana said something very precious today. She was trying to climb the stairs two steps at a time. "It's so hard being little, isn't it Ellie?" I sympathized. She stops, turns around, pokes me in the shoulder with her little finger and replies, "It's so hard being big, isn't it." Little sass! She probably has a point though. Can't believe she'll be 3 next weekend!
I also can't believe I now have 3 more weeks until my triathlon. I'm feeling very frustrated though as I am dealing with some sciatic pain. I need to be training harder and longer right now, but am afraid to push myself at all. Yikes.
Tomorrow is Father's Day. We're not doing much, just making a nice breakfast, opening the girls "gifts," and giving him some time to himself to putz in the garage, and later catching a matinee. One lady at the farmer's market today was telling her little girl, "Let's buy daddy some farm fresh eggs and bacon for a father's day breakfast." Hope you like your box mix pancakes honey... Another lady I met today was bragging about how she sent her husband on a weekend trip to Vegas. Well Nate, if you turn on the fan in the garage and close your eyes, you can pretend it's a tropic breeze on a deserted island. Actually Nate, thanks for being such an incredible daddy and husband. We love and appreciate you more than words (or a Vegas vacation) can ever express.
No comments:
Post a Comment