Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blessings

I'm not sure why I'm such a trooper today other than I stayed up late to get 2 things crossed off of my "things I want to accomplish this summer" list. So, after getting 3 kids suited up in rain gear, I pushed the garage door button. Little balls started flying at us. "The storm is here," I shouted. I thought it was the hail that was forcasted. Not so, just a garage door that is now stuck halfway up and little ball bearings all over the floor. First, I am lucky that the van was parked in the driveway. (A friend was adding stuff to my donation pile for a scheduled pick up next week.) Mikayla was the first to point this fact out, "The van could be stuck in there for days, mom." We piled in the van and went to the girls summer music class. I was waiting in the hallway flipping through the phone book. One of the other moms asked what I was looking for and explained that her husband is a builder. She called him up and asked who he recommended. He gave me a number and told me to tell the guy hello. That couldn't have gone any easier!

So we arrive back home and my optimistic daughter says, "Mom, don't ya think it's time we got a new house, this one is obviously falling apart. What if it breaks all into pieces on us?!" Nice.

No comments: