Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Elton Hills Elementary School

This quarter, Mikayla earned the personal achievement award for her class. Nate and I went to her assembly to watch her get it. She didn't know about until her name was called, so it was neat to see her surprise. I wish I had a better camera, so the first few pictures are fuzzy.







This bit of news caught my eye today,"We’ve already broken the record for the most snowfall in a month here in Rochester with 37.8″ measured to this point, but Mother Nature doesn’t seem to be finished producing snow for us just yet. Another storm system is taking aim on the region, likely affecting us Thursday into Friday morning before clearing out and leaving us dry for the actual holiday weekend. " Totally crazy! Rochester's snow removal has already blown through it's budget. Needless to say that the "snow mountain" at Mikayla's school is the largest they've ever had. This is something I never got to experience as a kid at recess-playing on the snow mountain that the snow plows make from clearing the parking lot. Elyana has a blast playing on it as we wait for the school bell to ring. I have to admit, it's fun for me to climb up with her.



No comments: