Christmas eve we went to church.

We came home and ate up some homeade Pull bread. This is a family tradition for me. We always went to midnight mass on Christmas Eve and ate this bread before bedtime. I think they call it Monkey Bread around here...

When we got home, we started a new tradition where the girls had purchased a present for one another. We let them open each others present after church.

Then it was time to prepare for Santa. In preschool, Ellie made reindeer food. Here is what the bag said:

So, we placed the bowl outside with the "food" in it. After they went to bed, we not only had to eat the cookies placed out for Santa, but make it look like the reindeer ate their food. My mom thought of using salad tongs to make their footprints. I tipped the bowl a bit, tossed some of the food around. I even went a step farther and cut some "fur" from a reindeer ornament we had.

This year my mom passed on to me her Christmas houses collection. Next year I want to add trees, snow, and people!

On Christmas day, we went sledding as a family. That is such incredible exercise!



We worked up an appetite for a Christmas dinner of ham, rice, broccoli, and rolls, and pumpkin pie. Yum! Here is Elyana blowing out our Advent candles.
No comments:
Post a Comment