I saw a specialist at Mayo today, Dr. McGuiver! We had to wait a good 45 minutes for him to come in the room, which allowed plenty of time for McGuiver jokes. Nate thinks he even saw a Dr. nameplate on the wall that said, "Dr. McLover." Anyway, the appointment went great. In response to the thryoid nodules I have now and the thryroid cyst I had 10 years ago he said, "So, you have a lumpy thyroid, it's functioning just fine. The thyroid is NOT the cause of your night sweats. They wouldn't have discovered you have a lumpy throid if they hadn't done all those ultrasound tests on you. Don't let them do anymore of those, they might discover another abnormal part of you that's functioning fine and cause another spiral of more tests." The angle this doctor had was that I could be having anxiety attacks in my sleep. That could be ruled out with my overnight stay in the sleep clinic in a few weeks. The other angle is that I should get off my birth control pill to try to regulate my hormones again and see what happens. We won't do that until Nate's "procedure" in April and everything is fine. Speaking of that, the doctor Nate met today who will do his procedure looks like Mr. Noodle on Sesame Street! Ha Ha!


1 comment:
do you go to the sleep clinic at night, or during the day? Just a heads up that Eric works at the sleep lab:) Carl and Sarah's dad that is. He alternates every other week or so though I think.
I hope the docs can figure out what is up with you!
By the way, in a few weeks or so, we HAVE TO set a time and date for us to get together, if even only for 1 hour! Miss you!
Post a Comment