Gotta tell you about my recent frustration. We have a large 2 tank Honeywell humidifier that we use in the wintertime. I was filling up one of the tanks when it slipped out of my hand and cracked. It would be cheaper to replace the tank than get a whole new humidifier I thought. That was my first mistake. I found the manual and called the given 1-800 number. After pushing a series of buttons, I finally spoke with a real person who gave me another 1-800 number to call. This one was even better. After being prompted to push several buttons, I got to
If you have a humidifier push 1----I pushed one
If you have a cool mist humidifier push one, a warm mist push two----I pushed one
If you are calling about how to extend your filter life, push one, if you'd like to add a scent or medicine to your water push two (almost pushed this one out of curiosity), all other questions, push three.
I finally get to talk to someone, explain the problem, and we order a replacement part. It takes 10 days to get here and it arrives cracked worse than the one I dropped. So, I call once again, push all the dumb prompt numbers and tell them the problem. Ten days later, another tank arrives. This time, it's the wrong side tank (the tanks fit like a puzzle and there is a right side tank and a left side tank). So, I call once more. This time, the guy says to me, "Okay, go stand in front of your humidifier. Now, standing in front of the tanks, which one do you need?" I tell him, the left one!" He then says, "So, if you were standing on the other side of the tanks, your right hand would touch the left tank and your left hand, the right tank, right?" Wow, that blew my mind. I am curious to which tank will arrive in another ten days. They told me to keep the last perfectly fine tank. I'm wondering if I can start a collection of humidifier tanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment