Traveling to WI one of these past weekends, we stopped at a gas station that happened to have this random simulation boat set up for a free test drive. Since Nate was in the restroom, I took the girls for the ride. The guy that was running the thing keep yelling at me, "Slow down, now turn right! See that buoy?! Slow down if you want to fish at that dock!" I've never handled a boat before and kept hoping the whole I could just joy ride and crash a few things like my old favorite game of Crazy Taxi. We all had fun and it was a good break from hearing all the whining on the road. A few days later, Mikayla says to me, "You know mom, you're a good mommy, just not a good boat driver." She said it so seriously like it was going to hurt my feelings or something that it was hilarious!
When we were in WI Dells this past weekend, my niece was being difficult letting her mom brush her teeth. Mikayla starts calmly telling Sophia this story, "Do ya see this princess star in my tooth? (A "princess star" is what the dentist told her the cavity filling was...) I got that star because I didn't let me mommy help me brush my teeth and the sugar monsters made a hole in my tooth. The dentist had to fix it. That star reminds me of all the things I used to do wrong."
Evidently the "star" in her tooth is meaningful to her since she recently told me she was excited for that tooth to fall out because the tooth fairy must dish out a lot of money for real princess star teeth!
No comments:
Post a Comment