Monday, July 14, 2008

Danskin Women's Triathlon

Well, I am officially done with triathlons this summer. We dropped the girls off at my mom's in Madison on Friday night and left Saturday morning for Pleasant Prairie (Kenosha), WI. We arrived in time to get my timing chip, get body marked, and attend meetings for the next days race. Even though we were a bit tired, we caught a movie Sat night since we haven't gone out in a while together. Race day began at 5:15. I got to the transition area to find my tire was flat. 5 minutes before the transition area closed for the start of the race, a mechanic placed a new tube in my bike. I kicked butt on the swim, shaving 5 minutes off of the time I've gotten when I trained. I got out of the lake to find the tire once again flat. The race officials made me cross over the timing mat before I found someone to repair the bike (which added tons to my bike time). It took about 10 minutes for him to fix it, hand it over the spectator fence for me to begin the 12 mile bike ride. 10 miles into the bike ride it once again when flat. I refused to walk with it, so I continued to pedal hard the last 2 miles. I did have to walk a little now and then in the 3.1 mile run. The bummer of the bike trouble was I felt confident in this race compared to the Rochesterfest Triathon. I was ready to see what my body really could do, and what kind of time I could get. Oh well, I still did my best and it was a good story to share with the kids on how you should never give up.

Here's my official times:
Swim (1/2 mile) = 15:47
Transition: 5:33
Bike (12.4 miles) = 59:43
Transition = 3:36
Run (3.1 miles) = 33:52

Overal time: 1:58:33 minutes

I will be receiving photos from a few people I'll post later. Thanks for your prayers and all your support through this last year of training and through these two triathlons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! I can not even begin to imagine the amount of strength, endurance and courage it takes to achieve what you have done.
You're one hell of a woman!

Love Ya,
Nanc