As I was driving the kids to Toys R Us, I took the opportunity to explain to Mikayla that a friend of ours' dog (we occasionally would doggie sit for) was being put to sleep that day. Here's how the conversation went:
Me: Joey's doggie might die today, honey.
M: That would make him so sad. I think when his doggie gets to heaven, God will say, "Oh, that's Joey's dog!" and send him right back to him.
Me: Did you know that heaven is forever?
M: Why?
Me: Because it's such an incredible, beautiful, fun place that once you get there, you will never want to leave. It's filled with good people too.
M: I know I shouldn't talk with strangers, but if I accidentally talked with one and they took me, God would come down and save me.
Me: God might not save you, honey. He wants us to try to save ourselves first, that's why it's so important that we shouldn't talk with strangers in the first place.
I love these talks I have with her, it keeps me on my toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment