Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What A Day!!!

I had one of those days that needs to be documented due to pride of survival!

We had an air conditioning repair man scheduled to be here this morning. (When it did get hot enough here last weekend, the air didn't work at all. I didn't mind and it reminded me of the good old cheap college apartment days.) It got to be time for me to go to a doctor appointment and I called the place to see where he was and if we could reschedule. We rescheduled for noon. 1:15 I called to see where he was. Once again, it is now rescheduled for tomorrow at 8!

On top of that, Nate had to fast and get a CT scan for some sore throat problem that has since gone away. We both were a bit freaked out all day as we waited for the results, reminiscing of when I was a new Mayo employee and they discovered the AV fistula in my brain.

Ely was incredibly fussy today, must be teeth again. Even the Mormons thought I was due for a visit at just the "perfect" time. While Ely was crying, they had the nerve to ask if they could do anything. I was tempted to hand her to them at that point.

I picked Nate up from work, went through the nearest drive through and pull into the driveway to hear the sound of the air whooshing out of the back tire. Nate put the spare tire on, I headed out the door for my regular Wed. night swim/bike training. I returned in time for Nate to head out the door and me to put the kids to bed. So I have tomorrow to face. Air conditioning guy, getting the tire fixed, buying groceries, and getting together all morning for maybe the last time with a friend who is moving away this Saturday.

Here are the positives about today though:
  • Nate is perfectly healthy! Praise God!!!
  • The tire waited till we got home to blow
  • My training tonight went great vs 2 nights ago where I came home crying because I was so worn out
My friend, Jen, who I train with, reminded me of a statement I made in a testimony speech I recently gave at church: We may have more than we can handle, but God helps us handle it every step of the way. Amen to that!

No comments: