Little by little, the girls are playing together more. Here is a cute one of them playing computer together:
Here's an update on me. It looks like I am doing TWO triathlons this summer. My first is here in Rochester on June 29th (Elyana's birthday). The other is July 13th (Nate's birthday) in WI. As some of you know, I wrote an article in Rochester Women's Magazine on the various stages of triathlon training. The publisher of the magazine offered to sponsor me in both races if I wear their shirt with the logo. What an opportunity! My only issue right now is, I'm really worn out from this degree of training. I miss going out for a casual jog or a bike ride and it not having to be a certain amount of miles or time. It's very time consuming and I often feel guilty from my time away from the family. I guess prayers for health, endurance, and safety (an injury this close to the races would be bad) at this point could be used.
Nate continues to adjust to his new job at Mayo Clinic. I'm so proud of him and glad that we have some awesome benefits and job security. Nate is on the church softball league again this spring. I'm annoyed because I haven't gotten to see a game yet. I've been too busy working at church or training. Or, it's been too cold and rainy.
I've been busy signing Mikayla up for different things to keep her busy this summer. In a few weeks, she will take swimming lessons for 2 weeks. Then, she will have a week where she attends a gymnastic camp for 1/2 days with her friend, Molly. In July she and I are taking a pre-K reading readiness class for an hour a day for a week. Then she will spend each afternoon for a week in her favorite nature camp with her friend, Heidi. In August, she'll have another gymnastics camp with her friend Molly again. If I still get bored (ha!), there are always Wednesday activities at the library (puppet shows, sing-a-longs, etc.). Tues, there is a group of friends meeting at various parks around town for playground/picnic fun. Yup, we should stay busy. I already know that summer will fly by and I have to send my baby off to school. : (
1 comment:
super cute pic of the girls playing together.
Post a Comment