Tuesday, December 29, 2015

American Heritage Girls

I am having fun co-leading Elyana's 4th grade group of American Heritage Girls.  We worked on making some cute reindeer hot cocoa packages and some turkey packages to sell at a church fundraiser.  As you can see in the photos below, the group of girls that Elyana is with have similar personalities.  I love seeing them encourage and support her.  AHG has helped her grow and to make friends from a variety of churches and schools.







This semester we are mastering a theater badge.  We learned about different types of genres, interviewed a local actor and actress, wrote and performed their own skit, and toured a costume shop. The costume shop owner closed the shop and let us try on anything we wished. It was such a blast. We are still hoping for a backstage tour of a theater.  In the spring, I will be leading a fun cooking badge.  Mikayla's group will be doing something similar, a gingerbread house decorating badge.




Elyana picked an Elsa costume.



No comments: