Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 Photos and Year Recap

This has been a wonderful year. The girls are thriving at their schools. Nate has switched jobs and is really happy at his new Mayo location. He is still close to our house which is nice.  I am really enjoying being a substitute para professional.  I spend most of the time working at Gibbs, Elyana's school. It's so nice to drive her into school, work, and drive her home.  I am getting to know the other paras and a few of them will text or email me personally to request me as their sub.  I'm glad to be getting to know many of the students too, even though it is a big school.

The only downer we've had this year is that Nate is struggling with an ongoing shoulder injury and I am still struggling with plantar fasciitis. I have tried 2 cortisone injections, physical therapy, massage, acupuncture, and even ionophorisis (spelling?).  I am most of all missing going for walks and running.  I have gotten bored with a stationary bike in our basement. I have been so proud of Nate though. He has been consistent with running on the treadmill and counting calories.  He is at his goal weight and looks amazing.  I'm hoping to kick things up a notch in 2016 and join him in reaching my goal weight too.  I am so thankful for family, and our many friends here. I am thankful for our church and our awesome new home. I super appreciate Midwest Lifeshots Photography to help us capture memories of our ever growing girls.

Next year's photos will be different too as Elyana gets her braces off and Mikayla will get braces on. Also, next year, we have more home improvement projects planned. We are scheduled for a new roof and we will be missing one tree as it is badly damaged and must be cut down.  Our front and back decks also need a little T.L.C.  This spring we plan on heading to Madison to Comic con to see a few beloved Dr. Who characters.  I look forward to a few short road trips here and there with the family.















No comments: