Monday, June 13, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells over Memorial Day weekend. We had such a great time. I had saved up for it with dog sitting money and cleaning money. So, we were delighted when they upgraded us to a Condo for a mere $13 a night. We all had our own room, a full kitchen, and family room area. We all spent our time equally doing their water park and doing Magi Quest. The Magi Quest adventures take you all over the resort to find the next clues you unlock with your wand. Elyana just wanted to climb up to the 4th floor of the Magi Quest and go down all of their slides. I told Nate I thought I sounded like a Lord of the Rings "Balrog" coming down the tube slides after her. Great workout though! We made sure that we caught the big clock tower animated show and bedtime stories in the grand foyer. We love how it is so family friendly there. A lot of my pictures didn't turn out but there is this great picture of the girls in a neat sandbox outside of a restaurant we went to:



Mikayla had 2 more weeks of school after Memorial Day weekend. But, she is now a 3rd Grader! Wow! I believe I'm going to spend my summer doing home improvement projects (refinishing kitchen and bathroom cabinets and landscaping a bit), doing my regular cleaning jobs, and taking the girls to gymnastics on Wednesdays. Mikayla is going to Disney World in FL on Saturday with my mother and my sister's family. Nate is leaving for Origins (hoping to get a few prototypes published!) and Ellie and I will keep busy. Mid July the girls are taking a 2 week swimming lesson camp. The final thing we have planned for this summer is a road trip to South Dakota!

No comments: