



She was so excited to meet Dora and Diego!

Elyana on the way home...mission accomplished.

A few days after saying "good-bye" to Mikayla, Nate took off for an Origins Convention in Columbus, OH. Elyana and I decided to have our own adventure and we went to visit my dad in Madison for a few days. We had a nice time. We went swimming, visited the Children's Museum, and saw the movie, Mr. Popper's Penguins (great movie!).
Elyana's favorite thing at the Museum, this cool climbing structure with a tube slide.

The Children's Museum has an incredible Rooftop Garden, and a great view of the Mad City Capitol.



Today, after a week of rain, we had a beautiful day. Elyana and I went strawberry picking with our friends, the Baskett's. Tomorrow I'm making my first strawberry pie with my mother-in-law's recipe.



Also, just to update, I have a job! I will be teaching at Kingdom Kids Preschool this coming year. On Monday's I will teach Art all day. On Wednesday's I will be teaching a class called, Young Explorers. It explores different areas of the world; introducing the children to the food and culture. Elyana is 1/2 day Kindergarten this year and I plan on picking her up during my lunch hour. Then, she will get to take Kindergarten elective classes in the afternoon down the hall while I'm teaching. I believe she will have a gym class on Monday afternoons and a Spanish class on Wednesday afternoons.
I plan on continuing my writing. (BTW, I have another article coming out next week for Rochester Women.) As a matter of fact, I hope to write even more. I have so many ideas and so little time, but I hope that will change as Ellie transitions to first grade the following year.
Well, as soon as the whole family gets home, we will gear up to celebrate Ellie's 5th Birthday on the 29th. She's so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment