Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Fire Pit
Ellie went to bed early tonight and Kayla, Nate and I had a fire in our fire pit. It was the perfect night for it. Cool weather, no bugs, bright stars, full moon...shall I go on? After we ate our fill of smores (which were extra yummy with the new limited edition chocolate/vanilla marshmallows), I layed down on the trampoline with Kayla, wrapped us in a blanket and we stargazed. She brought a little notebook to draw pictures and take notes of the constellations she saw. When she filled up a few pages, she read them to us: "A trapezoid, a triangle, a square, one that I don't know, a diamond, and a squid." Very precious. The memories I have of my childhood are various snips of here and there. There is no reasoning why I remembered some things and not others. I'm constantly wondering what will become a memory with the girls. I have a feeling that moments like this might.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment