Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mikayla's Birthday Party

It was a few weeks after her actual day, but it was wonderful for my sister, her daughter Sophia, and my mom to come up for it. Mikayla wanted a craft party at our house this year. We had 4 different card tables set up in the basement with a craft project on each. At one we had some plastic masks to glue feathers to. Another we had a make your own chalk station. Another we had markers set up to color little wood castle people. And the last station we had make your own foam sticker photo frame. During the present opening, I took a picture of Kayla with each person, got them developed and stuck them in each child's frame to mail with their thank you cards. They turned out great.

Mikayla wanted a #7 cake this year. Easier said then done. I didn't want to waste cake so I decided to cut it just right and make a double-decker cake. I ended up using a dozen toothpicks to hold it together and tons of frosting. Designing cakes aren't my specialty, but it tasted amazing! I can't believe my baby is already a second grader!














No comments: