Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hat #2 and Mikayla's Field Trip

I finished Mikayla's hat. Thanks Maureen for helping me with the flower and I love the idea of adding a button for the flower center. As soon as I recover from my wrist surgery, I want my own hat. I've always hated my winter hat so I'm excited.



Mikayla had the stupidest field trip on Friday that I helped to chaperon. It was a city Arbor day celebration. I didn't think it had much for the kids (which there were thousands of kids from schools all over town). The only thing interesting was a man making balloon animals. The poor man got bombarded by all of the kids. He was dripping sweat, people were pushing in from all directions. Kayla's class waiting in the pushing crowd for an entire hour (not exaggerating!) They got their balloons in time to get back on the bus. During the bus ride, several of the balloon animals popped. We got a free tree out of the whole thing and I have no place to plant it. Being in the rain and shoving crowds, Kayla was sick all weekend and is hopefully on the mend today. Perfect timing because Ellie woke up with whatever Kayla had. My life is never boring.





I'm taking some time from triathlon training to work with my exercise buddy, Jen, to develop our own fitness boot camp. This seems to be a very popular thing out there. There are at least three here in Rochester that meets in parking lots and playgrounds in the early am hours. You pay a lot of money and hopefully get in shape. We are just using an article I've saved from Prevention Magazine ( http://www.prevention.com/health/fitness/find-a-workout/walk-off-2-sizes-in-6-weeks/article/01a6e7a35fd43210VgnVCM10000030281eac) a long time ago and we're tweaking it. I've gone from endurance cardio training for triathlons to full body toning and am feeling muscles I never knew I had. I'm excited about it though and hope it will be the jump start my body needs to loose those last 10 pounds.

1 comment:

Hanne said...

When I get the go ahead to start working out again I would love to join the two of you for Boot Camp! God willing - I WILL do a 5K by the end of the year and a few 10K's next year in preparation of a half Marathon late next year or early the year after. And I need a good kick in the rear to get started too! You are my inspiration!!