This afternoon I realized that tomorrow is Ellie's last day of school and I needed to get something for her three preschool teachers. So I turned to the Internet and found this great website:
http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/holidays/giftsforteachers.htm. I used the idea of buying some inexpensive pots and plants, letting Ellie decorate the pots, and making a sign for them. I made the sign on the computer, added the stamp, colored in the stamp with markers, clear contact papered the sign, stuck it to a Popsicle stick, and added the ribbon. I think they turned out really cute. Ellie is so excited for tomorrow. She's eager to give her teachers their gifts and she gets to take her tricycle to school for a tricycle rodeo/tricycle car wash. She keeps climbing in the van or waiting by the garage door asking me if it's time for school yet. She had me put the trike in the van this afternoon so we wouldn't forget it.


Tomorrow afternoon is Mikayla's 1st Grade Music Program. I will videotape it for sure, especially because Nate now has strep throat. I'm praying that the girls can stay healthy and not get it. I'm going crazy with the Lysol even though if they will come down with it, they've probably already been exposed.
Mikayla and I are excited for our first monthly mother/daughter sleepover Friday night. We'll probably do our nails, watch a movie, and talk. My goal is to really use these sleepovers once a month to develop a stronger relationship and communication before the preteen years hit us. Likewise, Nate will begin father/daughter date nights. In a few weeks he'll take Kayla to a Rochester Honkers baseball game and dinner.
1 comment:
Suzanne,
I love this idea! Kevin has been taking both Michael and Victoria out on "dates" (usually dinners) and I have tried to do the same with the opposite sibling, however, now that we have 4 it makes it more difficult. It is so important to spend quality time with the kids though! let me know how your night went:) We need a "big" girls night out soon too! Miss you, even though you are so close I don't get to see you often:( ok, sorry for the big post in your comment area:)
Post a Comment