Rochester had their first annual triathlon. The only eventful thing that happened was Nate accidentally blew up my bike tire the night before the race. He put a little too much air into it. I showed up at the race with my bike, the tire, and some bolts, and a new tube that Nate bought at Walmart at 11:00 PM. The tube had a good 3 inch rip in it from the explosion (I say explosion because even the kids in bed wanted to know what the sound was. It sounded like a firework went off!) I was able to get it all put together, but wasn't sure if it would hold through the race as it didn't fit properly and they couldn't cap the valve. Anyhoo, it was all great practice for my triathlon in WI in 2 weeks.
I had a personal best record:
Time: 1:37
Swim (1/4 mile): 9:41
Bike (10.25 miles): 45:14
Run (3.1 miles): 33:39
Here's a couple of pictures and I hope there are more to come!

This is one of the hardest hills that I had to bike up. For those of you in Rochester, this is a right onto 18th Ave. from 55th Street. The first time I tried to climb it, I gave up, went home, and cried. I didn't give up and a few days later, tried again. I practiced the route a few times a week (since it was so close to our home) until it was doable. I took Mikayla to this hill when I took this picture and shared with her this story of why you shouldn't give up, just keep trying...
1 comment:
Great job, Suzanne!!! Wish I was there too...I get butterflies in my stomach just looking at you in that picture.
Post a Comment