Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kindergarten Testing

Well, It was definitely affirmed that I wouldn't make a good homeschool teacher. Mikayla had to be tested to see which class to be placed in and to see if she needed do go all day to kindergarten. She passed the test fine. When she came running out of the room, I told Mikayla that she was so smart. She replied, "I know. I also reminded the teacher that I already know I shouldn't talk to strangers and she shouldn't either." The teacher reviewed what she got wrong. One of them being, she didn't know what a trapezoid was. Geez, not sure if I do either! Then, she told her that one of the shapes was a diamond. "We call it a rhombus," said the teacher. "Oh, I told her it was called a diamond," I replied. Oops. She got her 9 and 6 mixed up which the teacher said was common. She also needs to work on her pencil grip and the sounds letters make versus just knowing the letters. We're doing a one week reading readiness class in July which I think will help also.

In regards to Ely, she is still an avid "reader" as you can see in the below picture:

No comments: