Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Giant" Imagination, Dramatics, and Sweetheart


We finally caught the documentary on giants on the Discovery Channel. It was pretty good. They covered three giants, each with a different form of it. Igor is 7'8". (For comparison, Shaquille O'Neil is 7'1"). Anyway, Mikayla has asked to see "the Igor show" about 3 different times now. The other day both me, Mikayla, and Elly were all sitting on the couch together watching it. Pretty cute.

So Molly (Hannah's sister) spent the day with us yesterday (see picture of them above). At about 4:45 she started feeling sad and was really missing her parents. She told Kayla that she saw her parents drive by (she didn't) and was worried they missed her. So Kayla takes the situation very seriously and decides to warn me. I try to tell her that Molly's parents will be here at 5:30 and we'll make sure she gets together with them. Kayla wasn't buying it. "Daddy, I have the truth in my head. And you don't. Molly saw her parents and I know the truth and you don't. You're expreciating. Do you know what expreciating means?" I was trying really hard not to laugh and said, "No." "It means you're not telling the truth." I have no idea what word she was really trying to say. I finally told them that they could watch for her parents from the basement window and they both really liked that idea. As they watched I could overhear Kayla telling Molly, "But you and I have the truth. We have the truth in our heads. But Daddy doesn't. He doesn't have the truth in his head. Or his brain. Or his whole body. That's the whole problem! It's only kids that know. The big people, they don't know. But Igor. Igor knows." To which Molly said, "What?"

Oh, and Kayla did the sweetest thing. When Molly's parents came to pick her up she wanted to go to the hospital too to see Hannah. We told her No so she went and gave Molly a big hug and said, "Send that to Hannah."

And she remembers, on her own, every night to pray for Hannah. And for Maggie (her Aunt Christine's dog who's been sick).

Elly, by the way is really trying hard to walk. You can ask her if she wants to walk and she starts practicing. She's able to stand up from a sitting position in the middle of the floor right now, and can take a step or two before falling down. Suzanne said yesterday she was trying so much she was sweating and her face was all flushed.

No comments: