You always know the end of the year is wrapping up when there is the final American Heritage Girls award ceremony. I'm so proud of this program and all that my girls accomplish through it. It has come beside us in our parenting to teach them the things that school doesn't and that we don't get around to. The friendships they have made through it are invaluable also.
Once in awhile, Mikayla lets me play with her hair!
Elyana's teacher, Mrs. Leppert broke her leg and missed the second half of the school year. It is the same teacher that she had in second grade so they have a special relationship. We discovered she lives in our neighborhood and went to visit her.
End of the year 4th grade picnic. These are Elyana's best friends, Inessa and Zoe.
Sophia visited us as she got out of school a few weeks before my girls did. We went to visit the Children's Museum in LaCrosse for a day. They had a play bank that we had fun pretending to rob. I'm sure they had more educational purposes for the bank, but robbery was much more fun! We also played dumb new hire where the newly hired person fills up the cars trunks with stacks of money.
| Newscaster collapses on the news desk. |
| How did Mikayla get on top of this? |
| Zoolander movie scene recreated! |
Mikayla's Spring Choir Concert
We went to visit our friends kittens at the Pauley Alpaca Company to start picking out our future kitten.
| Picking out our future cat... |
Sophia even got to go with mom and I to help chaperone Elyana's fieldtrip to the Minneapolis Science Museum. It was a fun day.
| This was a neat thing where you can have your picture appear in the spaceman helmet. |
| Elyana is so good at puzzles. She put together this magnetic fake artifact. She would be a good archaeologist. |
I'm not sure if this video will play but I've never seen anything like it. At Elyana's school the entire school gathers in the hallways and applauds the 5th graders on their last day of school. There were tears of teachers, kids, and principals. I get goosebumps thinking about it again. I was so lucky to be able to work on the last day of school and witness it. I will be sobbing when this happens to Elyana next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment