Saturday, October 3, 2015

Master Bathroom Remodel

Nate and I tackled our master bathroom. We began by removing the countertop. It extended over the top of the toilet so that toilet repair was very difficult. We thought it would be an easy thing to just get a new vanity top. It was a special order. So, then we thought it would be easier to just purchase a vanity cabinet/sink combo and place in our bathroom. We measured wrong and need to then hire someone to move an air vent and fix some of the ceramic tile.  While we were at it, we added a new medicine cabinet and light fixture. The light fixture was not easy either. The socket hole was very far to the left. We had to move the socket hole and patch the old hole. So, we needed to paint the bathroom.  I guess we didn't have enough work on our bathroom because I then decided to pop out some cracked bathroom tile and replace them. It would have been easy except for the fact that the tiles were thin and not replaceable. I had to gut the entire bottom half of our shower and retile it.  Nate and I worked on it until I couldn't stand walking into our bathroom anymore. I am happy with the final results. Even more so, I'm happy that we are finished with it!







No comments: