Saturday, October 11, 2014

Vegas!

Nate was asked to go on a business trip to Vegas a week after I got back from Jacksonville, FL. I decided to join him after I taught my first class of the school year. Mayo Clinic had reserved an awesome room at the Venetian Hotel. His airfare and food was paid for also. We ended up sharing his food allowance since it was plenty.  So, I just had to pay for my airfare. The only thing that was a bummer was I had to come back early for a preschool event.  I would have loved to stay another day and fly back with Nate.  While we were there we got to go to the Stratosphere where Nate went on a ride that took him over the side of the building. We enjoyed a very fancy dinner and I got to get acquainted with his coworkers. Our other night in town we went to see a very cool and fun show called the Rock of Ages . I went to the pool each day and was able to catch on some school work.

Our room

Add caption


Bathroom!


They had gondolas to explore the shopping center.


View from our room.


This was an area by the pool.

This was only ONE of their pools. This one was actually the kiddy pool.

Me relaxing by the pool.

There was a store in the fancy shopping center where you could buy an oyster shell. There was a guaranteed pearl in each and they would then put in in a jewelry setting of your choice. Very neat!

An area outside of our hotel.

The view from the Stratosphere restaurant.


Before dinner. It was a black and white event.

In the white shirt in the front, was Nate. This ride makes it look like you are falling over the building.



Inside our hotel.

Down the hallway outside our room.

A "living" statue.

Here I am hanging out with Johnny Depp.  Just kidding, it was a wax model!

Got to see a bit of Paris in Vegas.

Incredible architecture on the main strip of Vegas.

The light/water show outside the Mirage Hotel.



No comments: