- Mikayla heard the song "The Eye of the Tiger" She exclaimed, "Oh, I know that song, it's from that Randy movie." I just want to know who told her about the Rocky movies in the first place.
- Yesterday I caught Ellie sitting by herself singing the ABC song. When she was done, she said, "Sing my ABC's. CHECK." And she was counting on her fingers and mumbling what she should do next.
Mikayla was busy yesterday making her first snow fort. She worked on it for an hour and when I called her in for dinner, she was curled up in it. She stood up slowly, rubbing her eyes, "I'm sleepy now, mom," she said. She totally wore herself out. I love that. I love that she enjoys being outside as much as I do. It's hard that Ellie can only take so much of being outside and then she wants to be in. This is the first year that I'm trusting Mikayla to play outside by herself and checking on her once in awhile. It still makes me nervous. I wish I had a good window to watch them play. Nate, want to get a window installed above our piano? Ha!

For some reason this year, we have a good sized ice dam above our front porch. As it's been warming up, the ice drips down and freezes right on our front steps. There's not much you can do about it, but regularly salt the area, but hey, great way to deal with the Mormons or the door to door sales people, huh! I fear that I'll open the door someday and there's a pile of people flat on their backs.


No comments:
Post a Comment