Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's the Little Things

Well, Ellie is almost better from Strep throat, just a nasty cough throughout the night still. The feeling of Spring is here. Once the snow melted, Ellie looked at my flower box in the front and gasped. "Where did the flowers go?!" I think she thought someone stole them. So, I took a picture of a few of the cute things I discover sometimes when I turn the corner. It's these little things I know I will miss the most when the girls grow older.

Here is one of their Easter Bunnies with a hair dresser cape and it's ears all done up:


Here is another use of Easter eggs I bet you've never thought of. Little oxygen masks for playing doctor with:


Potty training is still progressing. We are making many steps forward and she's really starting to try more. Our two new Ikea desk chairs have been peed on though. I thought I could take off the covers and wash them, but they shrunk. So, I went to the fabric store and bought this faux leather material and sewed some covers. My sewing skills are slowly getting better. Although once I was finished with one of them, I held it up and I swear it looked like a black leather shower cap for hard core biker people. I told Nate that I have some left over material. I could make him some cowboy chaps--backless of course, because I would mess up somehow : )



My only other news is that I've set a date for my carpel tunnel surgery. May 6th. If my left wrist can wait, I'm thinking maybe next fall I could get that one done then. It would be awesome if I could wait till next spring.

1 comment:

Hanne said...

Your surgery will be soon after baby comes, but if I can help out at all, let me know! I am not sure what my limitations will be due to all the work up I will have done, but I am certain I can make you a couple of meals to have in the freezer!