It's official, I'm doing an indoor triathlon at the YWCA in Minneapolis. I'm so excited. If you feel like cheering me on, that would be awesome, if you'd like to help watch the kids for the day, that would be great too, it looks like Nate has to go on a business trip for a week. It will really be interesting to see how we pull this one off.
Ellie seems to be sleeping better lately, still is having bad dreams once in awhile. I think mostly because her imagination is wild lately. The kid is making up crazy stories non-stop. For example, did you know that today is Santa's birthday party. According to Ellie, "It's gonna be huge!" Ellie is doing better with potty training. Every few hours she's holding it and going when I ask her to (sometimes it takes some discipline to get her to). She stays dry though and can hold it. However, she has yet to tell me that she has to go and even worse, she knows she shouldn't poop in her diaper and refuses to go in the toilet. We've gone a week without anything and I know she needs to go. I'm at complete loss what to try next with her. Everyone says that it will happen in it's own time. However, she is 3 1/2! Pull ups are expensive and my patience is thin.
In February, Mikayla will do several more reading to therapy dogs at the library. AND, we are signing her up for a kids self defense class for 12 weeks. It's at RCTC's field house and I'm hoping to get some running in on their track while she's in class. I'm still looking for an affordable pre-ballet/tap class to get her into, but I think that I missed my opportunity this year as most of the schools are into recital practices right now and aren't doing the basics.
No comments:
Post a Comment