Wednesday, August 19, 2009

To Catch You Up On The Last Two Weeks

On the 12th Nate went away on his annual GenCon trip in Indianapolis. I went to my mom's in Madison and then on to my sister's in Appleton to do some back to school shopping. It was a fun but long weekend as Kayla and I had colds. Mikayla had a hard time seeing Daddy go back to work after the long weekend. She said to to Nate, "Why do you have to go to work today, why don't you just go to the bank?" Very precious comment. The next day I had to take the girls for their dental cleaning. We had a babysitter come over to watch Hannah (my daycare baby) while we were gone. On our way out the door Mikayla said to the sitter, "It's okay if you want to teach her a little kung fu while we're gone." That would be awesome to see Kung Fu Hannah when we returned.

Another thing last week that some of you don't know about is we were considering selling our home to see if we could purchase a nearby neighbors home whose house just went on the market. After meeting with a lender and our realtor, we decided to stay put. It would be too difficult to pull off time wise and financially. I was bummed as it is an incredible home, everything I would want in our next home. However, we both feel incredibly at peace about it.

Saturday, I ran the Rochester 5K/half marathon with my friend Jen. It felt so good to be running with her again, we really push each other. Although my finish time didn't reflect it, I ran the entire way. (I always would have to walk a bit here and there in past 5K's and Triathlons.) Jen and I are already trying to figure out what our next race should be. With my new bike and my "new" ability to run the entire 5K, I'm thinking ahead to next summer's Triathlon. I really really like the route and the all women atmosphere of the Trek Women's and the Danskin Triathlons. But I don't like the distance I have to travel to get there. I don't like the Rochesterfest Tri because I don't like the swim in Foster Arend and the route. So, I'm looking for something not so far away with a better route. Meanwhile, I'd like to do more 5K's to keep myself motivated and staying active.

Sunday we left for a two night stay at the Great Wolf Lodge in WI Dells. We had gotten a great deal on it because we had stayed there in February and had all gotten very sick when we returned home. We got to stay one night for free and the next night at the employee family discount. Our room was cool, it had a separate area for the kids to sleep with a bunk bed and their own tv. We of course hung out a lot at the water park, but discovered their newest family adventure, Magic Quest. You have to buy a magic wand of your choice (and can go to the craft area to decorate it), and you purchase game time. You go to this huge 4 floor building that is converted into a magical kingdom. You go to this big tree, point your wand at it, and you learn what your first quest is. It's basically like a scavenger hunt where you have to find talking pictures, treasure chests, fairies, dragons, etc. and point your wand at it to get your next clue. After you do a certain number of quests, you can then choose an adventure. Although we thought it was overpriced, it provided hours of family fun and exercise. Our trip home on Tuesday was eventful as we had issues with our van. The air conditioning broke again, my window was stuck and wouldn't roll down, AND, the check engine light came on as we were leaving the water park. We were so glad to get home and get the van to the mechanic. Our mechanic is so awesome (Auto Techs). He let us bring in the van to get looked at right away and didn't even charge us. The motor in the window was just stuck, the check engine light was on supposedly because the gas casket was loose or something, and there was a leak in the ac that they couldn't find. They put some die in to see if they can find it when the coolant leaks out again.

I got an amazing amount done today: 4 loads of laundry, mowed the lawn, cleaned the house, did some major grocery shopping (with the kids!), took the kids to the park, caught up on 2 weeks of ironing, and got the kiddos to bed. On that note, I'm heading to bed myself.

No comments: