Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a huge to do list this weekend. Here's a view of what the Jones' have been up to:
  • Dog sitting for a neighbor (we go over there twice a day)
  • Nate built me another raised garden bed (see picture below. I still need to sort through the pile of dirt that Nate dug up to install the bed. It's good soil and I need some more in the beds, but it's also filled with rocks. I'm paying Kayla to help with it...)
  • He replaced the brick flower bed with a wooden frame (I want to paint it. Do you think we should paint it white or a blue to match the house?)
  • Nate installed a wheel on the girls' swing set house. (Mikayla was sitting in a chair turning the wheel and pretended to reach in her purse while turning the wheel with her knee. Um, have I ever done that?)
  • I planted some seeds in our new garden box. (Mikayla requested corn and a huge sun flower. I also planted a few green bean seeds, a small tomato plant, and a few onion bulbs. I wish it didn't matter how deep to plant each seed. It gets confusing and I'm not good at judging what a few inches is. We'll see if anything grows...)
  • Friday I mowed the lawn.
  • I've been working all weekend at my cleaning job. (I have a few more hours to put in early tomorrow morning. Today I cleaned all the windows inside and out and cleaned out/organized their garage. Maybe they can pull both vehicles in now! Yeah!)
  • I started a stamping/free drawing project of painting grapes and leaves around our kitchen. It's turning out pretty cool! (See picture below)
  • And, if this wasn't enough, I have one week to complete a new article assignment for Rochester Women. It's an article on the small towns west of Rochester. Elyana and I spent Friday morning exploring, interviewing, and taking photos. I need to find some time tonight or tomorrow to compile the hoards of info I now have!
Totally unrelated to this weekend, but Mikayla will be losing her second tooth soon and is already planning her note to the Tooth Fairy. She will write three notes: one to say, "Please give me the nice box back my last tooth was in." Another will say, "Don't take the box this tooth is in." The last one will say, "A suggestion on how much to give me would be either 100 dollars or 100 dimes."

Here's the couple of pictures I snapped:


No comments: