Do I already have a posting this year with this title? I wouldn't be surprised! Monday night I decided to combine time with the girls and triathlon training. I took them in the bike trailer to their favorite park (Silver Lake Three Links Lodge). It's a 10-11 minute bike ride for me alone, but was a 20 minute ride pulling them. We arrive at the park and I need to lock up my bike and take off my helmet. In that amount of time, Elyana had climbed to the highest point in the playground and fell off backward! I was so scared and panicked. Her angel must have caught her because she just has the tiniest scratch on her back. If she had landed any other way, bones would have been broken. I kept thinking, "Do I bike her to the hospital, call 911, yell for someone nearby to help?...) You'd think she'd learn her lesson. Nope. Tuesday night was Nate's softball game. The girls and I went along to cheer him on. Ellie discovered that the bleachers were fun to climb and she could make it to the top of "the tower." Luckily, she likes to announce her next move. "I going to jump from the tower," she says! I catch her and let her down slowly to the ground. Five minutes later, she sees some kids climbing up a pine tree. She manages to make it up a few branches before I catch her once again.
Tonight, no climbing incidents, but a good reminder at dinnertime why we don't eat out much. She stuck rice up her nostril, tries to pick it out, then decides to "wash" her finger in her glass of milk. I tried to suction out the rice. I have no idea if it's still in there. She claims, it's all better. I guess if there was still rice up there, she would still be trying to pick it out. Who knows. What's next with my crazy Ellie?! I'm looking forward to dropping her off at the neighbors house tomorrow morning to help chaperon Mikayla's Kindergarten field trip to Oxbow Zoo.
I know what my mom would say, "She's just like you. I was on a first name basis with the ER when you were a child!" I'm not sure if that's comforting, except, I turned out just fine I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment