Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Funny Kids

Mikayla chose this huge magnifying glass at Store Night in Awana last night. For those of you that don't know what Store Night is... the kids earn points (along with patches and jewels that are inserted in their wing badges) for every verse they memorize. Twice a year, they get to go "shopping" at the "store" with the points they earned. When she got home, Ellie wanted to play with it. She's running from thing to thing seeing how big it looks. I'm sad I missed this, but Nate said he saw Elyana going down her slide holding the magnifying glass out in front of her. What a creative idea! (Karin, don't get any ideas. You can't walk on the ceiling and hold a magnifying glass!) Also last night, Mikayla was getting ready for bed. She told Nate that if he got her a piece of paper, she'd work on a surprise for him while she was getting ready. So, he gives her one. She closes the bathroom door. He hears her flushing the toilet, brushing her teeth. She emerges and is all ready for bed, hands him the paper. It's blank. "I tricked you good. I didn't make you anything" she laughs.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Those stories are hilarious!!!

And oh, I forgot it was store night. We kept the girls home because Grandma and Grandpa were still here. But they missed the last store night too. Oh well, at least they don't know they missed it...