
And here is a picture of Ellie and I here in MN:
I had the weirdest Easter ever here at home. Going to church helped it feel more like Easter; however, Easter lunch for me consisted of a grilled chicken snack wrap at McDonalds. I tried to make it more like Easter and boil some eggs. Bad idea. I was a bit sleep deprived and ended up putting Ellie in a long time out. The water boiled out of the pot and the eggs started to burn and smoke. Yuck. It's taken a week to get that smell out of the house. I'm thankful it was not a full blown fire.
It has been a beautiful week. I've jogged with Ellie to pick up Kayla from school each day. We've had a picnic at a local park on the way home with a schoolmate of Kayla's. Then, we play outside all afternoon. I was wearing a 3/4 sleeve shirt yesterday and got sunburned. I've got a weird tan line now. I've been working at chiseling away brick by brick of the front flower bed I made a few years ago. I never liked it because I stupidly did not correctly use a level. Everytime I pull into the driveway and see it, I frown. I'm going to have Nate a build a wooden flower bed there for me along with another raised garden bed for the side of the house.
I wish I wasn't so accident prone and could build these things myself. Things happen to me all the time that could only happen to ME. Let me give you a few recent examples for your amusement... While we were driving to Lutsen for our anniversary, I was eating an apple. I bit off too large of a bite and somehow the skin of the apple cut my gums. When I was done with the apple, I went to toss it out the window and accidently rolled my hair up in the window. A few days ago I was making the bed in our room. I shook the sheet in the air to spread it out over the bed. I shook it so hard that it flew up to hit the pull chain on our ceiling fan, causing it to fly up into the blade and get cut off, then it flew down and somehow bruised my chest where it hit. If you ever need a good laugh, I have tons of these type of stories to share. Ask me about the time I almost got stuck in the car trunk with the garage door remote in my pants pocket. As I wiggled to free myself, the garage door was activated. I constantly have to remind myself to not stick my fingers in the garbage disposal to push the food down further. I fear that I might receive a Darwin Award someday. If I do, feel free to print the whole story on my tombstone to make random visitors smile and shake their heads in wonder.
I fear that my girls might be taking after me. The other day Nate and the girls were playing Hungry Hippo. Somehow Ellie got excited and fell forward into one of the hippos. This is when I entered to room to find Ellie bawling and mumbling how the hippo got her. Earlier this year I got a call from the school nurse saying Kayla was all bloody. She said, "We really don't know HOW it happened. The class was just walking and collecting leaves when Mikayla somehow tripped. She got a bloody nose, a scrapped cheek, scrapped wrist and knees." Poor kid. They kept saying how they didn't know how it happened. All I could say is, "she takes after me."
No comments:
Post a Comment