Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

We had a pretty decent weekend, especially considering the crazy week we just had. We ran errands, went to church, Nate got the oil and oil filters changed on the vehicles, I make an awesome diaper cake (for a baby shower I'm helping host next weekend), and we each got to go to the gym. I had such a good workout today; I biked for about 20 minutes and swam a good mile. I hope our week won't get swamped again and I won't get more workouts in. My goal is to get my sleep issues settled so I can wake up early and work out. I finally have a consultation this Thursday at Mayo's sleep clinic.

Mikayla was so excited about Valentine's day at school this week. She was so into it that she wore a heart patterned dress, hot pink tights, AND her toes and fingernails were painted red and pink patterned. Here's a picture of her making a V for Valentines:



Mikayla has really been having a growth spurt lately. It's amazing to see the kid eat! For example, her afternoon "snack" today consisted of half a banana, a corn dog, and a bowl of cereal! It's pretty common for her to eat a good dinner, come downstairs, and ask for a snack. Wish I could say the same about Ellie. They seem to have switched. Ellie is finally wearing some of her 24 month pants!

Mikayla now has two loose teeth. The bottom front two. We have a dentist appointment this week with a new children's dentist I'm trying. I hope it goes better than last time! I've been encouraging Kayla to teach Ellie how to brush her teeth better. I love these pictures of them practicing. Yes, Ellie is pantsless. We are also making a little more progress on potty training. She will use the potty before naptime and bedtime (for an M and M of course).

1 comment:

Karin said...

So cute. Love Mikayla's enthusiastic "V".

How it is that the shorter kid is on the shorter step, though? And the one who is already taller is towering over her on the taller step? : )