Well, Mikayla has been sick this week. It started with a stuffy nose and sneezing. Now it's a fever, cough, sore throat, and stuffy/runny nose. Despite her being sick, the dentist still wanted to see her today considering they're booked till June. We tried a new dentist for the girls today and I'm so glad I switched. We were going to Apollo and it wasn't as "kid friendly" as I would want. We went to Denistry for Children and Adolescents today. (If you're in town, check out their website if you are thinking of switching to a new dentist too:
http://www.dentistryforchildrenrochester.com/first_visit.htm )They first did an education thing where the girls got to sit in the dentist chair together and played with puppets that had teeth. Every tool that they were going to use they let the kids practice on the puppets with them. Then while we waited for the dentist, we watched a super funny video that I even laughed at. Then the dentist gave the girls each a little hand mirror and asked them to look in their mouths as she examined them. Then Kayla headed off to get her teeth cleaned. She got to choose any movie she wanted. They had little headphones (it helped to block out the sound of the cleaning tools). She even got to wear sunglasses so the bright light wouldn't bother her eyes. She did pretty good, but still got nervous after awhile and they decided to cut the exam short. They are more focused on making the dentist a fun place than forcing a cleaning and having them dread the dentist. Something I did discover was that Kayla is getting in her 6 year old molars. I didn't know about this happening. I guess they are part of her permanent set of teeth and 3 of them have already broken through. We were also told that we really really need to wean Elyana from the pacifier due to her overbite. I'm totally aware of this and I am the one that doesn't have the guts to do it. Nate said he might do it when I have my ladies weekend away in a few weeks. That would for sure earn him the Man of the Year award (which he should already receive for a zillion other things he's done recently!).
We've been doing more crafty indoors activities to pass the time. Here are some pictures. I love this one of Elyana. She did this to herself when I stepped out of the room of course.

And here is a toilet I made out of play dough for Mikayla's Polly Pocket dolls. I think it looks pretty good!
1 comment:
ha ha, nice toilet. Like the water leaking from the ceiling, you need to talk to Mo about this. Ask her what she made in ... was it Kindergarten?
Post a Comment