Friday, December 5, 2008

Dreams

Elyana continues to be very challenging. Last night at bedtime I asked Kayla why she thought Ellie was being so naughty lately. Her reply, "I don't know mom. The only way you'll find the answer to that one is to go to heaven and ask God. I don't want you to go there, so we'll just have to never know the answer, okay?" She's really concerned with me getting old and dying lately. Must be a phase. Still struggling to loose the post "I'm no longer training for a triathlon" weight, I suggested to her that mommy might live longer and stay younger longer if I exercise a lot and eat healthy. It actually is helping, every time she catches me eating a sweet she tells me to eat some vegetables! Not a bad idea I guess.

Mikayla came to me this morning with a huge sigh. She asked me, "Why do I always have to be in my own dreams?!" Tough question to answer!

Speaking of dreams. I had a doozy last night. I have such unusual vivid dreams that Nate said I should start blogging them. You may have heard of the movie out now called Twilight. It originated with a mom who had a nightmare and started to write it down during her son's swimming lessons. She kept writing and writing and it developed into her first book. The book became a series and the series soon became a movie. So, I'll tell you about my dream last night, but it's not book or movie material. Just strange, funny, and yet deep.

I dreamed that I finally had time to go shopping for myself to buy some new clothes. I came upon this beautiful chandelier lit store where clothes were on 90% clearance or something. I was finding some beautiful outfits for like $3.00! I had a pile of clothes and asked the sales lady if I could try them on. She directs me out the door, across this barren landscape to this poverty stricken neighborhood. She sends this guide with me to assist me. So, I'm sent to this poor home where I can try on the clothes in this tiny bathroom. The door won't close all the way and the bathroom starts to flood right when I have my pants around my ankles. Next thing I know, I come crashing through the door and land in this room with these poor people staring wide eyed at me. I try to zip up my pants and some little kid points out, "Hey, those are way too small for you!"

So, this dream reveals what I'd like for Christmas.... drum roll please ....

a break from the kids and some new clothes

1 comment:

Karin said...

you and your kids are amazingly hilarious and full of interesting thoughts. Ken and i were both busting up as we read this and the one about the head wound.

Glad I could help you out that day! What a day!