Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

We had a really nice Halloween night. It was the first Halloween I can recall so far here in MN where we could go trick or treating without jackets! It's usually so cold that we just go to 3 houses tops and come back home. It's also the first Halloween where we didn't get to go trick or treating at Nate's office. Here's a few pictures of the girls. Mikayla was Ariel and Elyana was Tinkerbell.



We went to several neighbors houses for treats and then we headed to church. I have much praise for the awesome job our church did last night. They had transformed the church parking lot into a fun place to be on Halloween with a petting zoo, bounce houses, a craft area, and several "trunks" of cars decorated with people in costumes handing out candy. After the girls jumped till their cheeks were flushed, Ellie started to point to the petting zoo saying, "see McDonalds farm."

After it started to get dark and cold, we headed over to Chipolte. Nate said they were giving out free burritos that night. We showed up to discover everyone there was decked out in aluminum foil. Some were full foil costumes of human burritos, some just made jewelry of aluminum. I stopped a lady on her way out with free burritos to ask her what was up. She very generously gave us their foil jewelry and a party hat covered in foil. Kayla wore the foil hat, Nate and I made foil wrist bands, and we connected Ellie's pig tails with a foil band. Nate and I had awesome free burritos while the kids ate more of their candy and played with foil. We were all full and worn out when we got home. Here's an awesome picture of Ellie, totally zoned out with a full belly:

No comments: