Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Real Meaning of Easter

Today Kayla was talking a lot about Easter coming up. I realized it would be a great time to tell her the REAL reason we celebrate Easter. I got out her Children's story bible and read to her. She kept requesting more and more stories and we read for a good half hour. She wanted to hear about when Jesus died and so we read that also. Her response made my heart swell, "Wow, even when he was dying he prayed..."

Mikayla's preschool has a drive up drop off/pick up. Lately as we drop her off and her teacher opens the van door to get her out, Elyana gets all excited. It's pretty funny. Mikayla's teacher usually makes a comment on whatever book Ely is reading at the time (because Ely doesn't go anywhere in the van without a book in her hand). I can totally see her having her own little book club by the time she's 2! I picture her and her little friends sitting around eating goldfish crackers and talking about what they got out of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear."

I'm attaching a picture of Ely dressing up in Mikayla's fairy wings today. Very cute!



No comments: