Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mikayla's Special Day at School




Since Mikayla has a summer birthday, this last week her class celebrated her 1/2 birthday. Her teachers ask that a parent spend the day with them so Nate took off the morning to spend with her since I got to go last year. We were going to make heart-shaped soft pretzels, but the dough wasn't cooperating so we rolled it flat and used a cookie cutter to make heart-shaped rolls. Then we brushed them each with butter and started to sprinkle them with a cinnamon and sugar mixture. We were half way through when Mikayla asks "what if everyone doesn't like cinnamon and sugar?" So we left the rest of them plain. I guess that when she brought them to school she told the teachers that the girls get the cinnamon and sugar and the boys don't. I'm sure that was a bit awkward. Then she came home and told me that next year, we should do the same thing except the girls will get the rolls and the boys will get hot dogs. I don't want to hear what Freud would think of that one! Here are some pictures of our baking for her school day and of what our bookworm Elyana was doing while we were baking.

No comments: