Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Elyana's "Happy" and Mikayla's Exercise

Elyana has nicknamed her pacifier "happy." It's pretty cute.

Lately, when I'm on our stationary bike training for the Duathlon and Triathlon, Mikayla has been wanting to walk on the treadmill and pretend she's training for a kid race. When we're working out together, we talk about how strong we're getting. I also use these times to remind her how important what we eat is for our bodies too (since she tends to be a poor eater). There are actually some "races" for kids this summer here in town where every child gets a ribbon. It's called Hal Martin All Comer's Track Meet and is on select Tuesdays during the summer. Races start at 6pm and are held at Soldier's Field Memorial Park. Races are held for kids ages toddler- eleven yrs and are free. We'll have to check them out. It's an awesome feeling for me to know that our girls are learning the importance of exercise and that I can be an example for them!

No comments: